Monday, June 13, 2011

Miss North Carolina International Travels to NYC to be introduced as New Ambassador for "Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children" Foundation of the AAPD



Memorial Day weekend was a weekend I will never forget! I got to travel to New York City to be introduced as the new Goodwill Ambassador for the "Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children" Foundation of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry! Talk about an experience of a lifetime! I stayed in the Marriott Marquees right in the middle of Times Square and taxied my way to the different events on my itinerary for the weekend! Saturday I made an appearance at the Exhibit for the "Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children" Foundation! Later that evening I went to the "Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children" Donor Appreciation Gala at the Harvard Club in New York City where i got to where 1.9 Karat Pearl and Pave' Diamond earrings to auction off for the Foundation! The earrings went for nearly $7,000! I was also featured in the "Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children" Program book as the New Goodwill Ambassador:
829455196.jpg

Here is what was featured in the Donor Appreciation Gala Program Book:
Brittney Clark is the reiging Miss North Carolina International 2011 and will compete in Chicago in July for the title of Miss International 2011. Brittney is studying to be a dental hygienist and is currently employed at the pediatric dental offices of Dr. William Chambers in Asheville, North Carolina. Brittney has chosen children's oral health as her platform, which she will promote nationally. As Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children's Goodwill Ambassador, Brittney will spread the word about the growing need for access to care and the giant steps Healthy Smiles, healthy Children is taking toward achieving that goal though our Access to care initiatives. Brittney will use as her mantra "Healthy Smiles for Every Child!" Please join us in welcoming Brittney as part of the Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children/AAPD Family!

Just that short paragraph meant so much to me it truly opened my eyes to realizing that i am truly making such a difference in children's lives!




On Sunday, I went to the American Academy of Pediatric dentistry Annual Session Meeting where i was once again introduced as the  New goodwill Ambassador and got to speak with many dentists/ HSHC Donors! I truly met wonderful people who are willing to help support me not only on my journey to becoming Miss International but also supporting me to going on to Dental School if i chose to do so!!!!


Sunday Night was the President's Farewell Dinner this was at the Cipriani in New York City! It was one of the most beautiful venues i have ever stepped foot in! This was a black tie event, wonderful food, great venue, amazing music, and just overall a wonderful experience!


0 comments: