Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Juggling a hat and a crown



As Mrs. North Carolina International 2011, I find myself juggling two hats – or a hat and a crown. My new opportunity gives me the chance to come out from behind the scenes and do more to help The NASCAR Foundation. Recently, I coordinated a media event to raise awareness for NASCAR Day with the help of David Ragan, driver of the #6 UPS Ford in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and two pro anglers, Bink Desaro and Andy Montgomery. Last Wednesday 4/20, we ventured out onto Lake Norman to do a little ‘fishing for charity’. Bink and Andy both compete professionally and use the Fetha Styx line of fishing rods. What many may not realize is that many of the Officially Licensed NASCAR products donate a portion of sales to The NASCAR Foundation and Fetha Styx is one of those companies.




Big thanks to Tom Sullivan and Heather Greene for assisting in the effort. Also to our media friends at SPEED Channel, Ray Dunlap, NASCAR.COM and Joe Menzer, plus Kyle Brandt from Rubbingisracing.com. Like many things in life, teamwork is critical to success. The segment we taped last Wednesday will air tonight at 7pm EST during NASCAR Race Hub on SPEED Channel . http://www.speedtv.com/programs/nascar-race-hub



As my reign continues, I plan to do many more great things to help The NASCAR Foundation. Coming up this weekend, I’ll be at Richmond International Raceway, then Darlington Speedway and on to Dover International Speedway before our big day – NASCAR Day on Friday, May 20. I invite you to “like” the new “Mrs. North Carolina International 2011” page on Facebook so you too can share in my adventure.



Mrs. North Carolina International 2011

Janet Bolin

0 comments: