Sunday, April 24, 2011

Busy Easter!



Hey there again everyone! First off, I want to start with wishing everyone a happy and blessed Easter. I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend! I definitely have! Saturday morning, Chelsea Gregory, Miss South Carolina, and I made an appearance at the Easter Egg Hunt in Baxter, located in Fort Mill, SC. Chelsea and I mingled and took several photos with our little fans! Also, before the hunt began, Chelsea and I both addressed the crowd about our platforms. I related my platform, ADD/ADHD Awareness, to the Easter Egg Hunt by telling the children that every egg, no matter what it looks like or appears to be, is always special on the inside. I told the kids that even though you may think you have a flaw, like I felt for a while with my ADHD, can sometimes be a blessing in disguise so you should always try to find the positive in everything. Chelsea's message was very similar to mine because her platform deals with learning disabilities also. After our speeches, Chelsea read a book she in promoting, When Donkey's Fly. The book had a great message for the kids, and I recommend reading it!








Later that evening, I met up with Chelsea again and Elizabeth Malvasia, Mrs. South Carolina, and the Knight's Stadium in Fort Mill, SC. We each got to throw one of the first pitches of the game! It was a great experience, but I don't think I will be attempting to play baseball in the near future! Although my pitching skills were not as great as they could have been, I had a wonderful time with the girls! After pitching, we met Homer the mascot and ate funnel cakes and cotton candy! What a great Easter weekend!





For more pictures, please visit either my website or go to my facebook page, Miss Teen SC International! Don't forget to like it and support my journey! Happy Easter Again!


-Miss Teen South Carolina International 2011, Avery Close

0 comments: