Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chapter Two



Wow it is so incredibly hard to believe that another month has already came and almost gone!!!! I cant even begin to express in words how blessed I am to have experienced the priceless moments throughout my title! 

Starting the month, I was Featured in the "Whats Your Flavor" Portion of a local magazine (Sophie Magazine) Where they asked me to give my inside scoop on future goals, recent splurges, and the trip of a lifetime. I attached the link of the website to go and check out my page in the Sophie Magazine! 
Below is the picture that was featured in the magazine!


___________________________________________________________

Believe it or not school for me is actually FUN, now how I have time to do it and everything else I am not actually sure =)!!!! If you didn't already know, I am a Full Time dental Hygiene student at AB-Tech and couldn't be any more excited to say that I have almost completed my first year of Dental Hygiene School! I was interviewed this Month to be featured in the AB-Tech News! This article will be released in May!!! Here is a Sneak Peek of some Pictures that were actually taken behind the scenes of me in clinic at school to allow you to see what i am actually doing when I am not wearing my crown and sash! 

______________________________________________________________
On April 16, 2011 I was invited to the Healthy Kids Day Presented by McDowell Hospital at the McDowell County YMCA! I represented the Mission Children's Hospital Tooth Bus Foundation for this Event! I got the opportunity to talk with a tremendous amount of kids about the importance of taking care of this little teeth!!! You wouldn't believe the impact a crown and a sash truly makes on a child listening to what you have to say!!!! It is incredible to know that even if I just talk to one kid a day I am making a difference one child at a time on their overall health!

______________________________________________________________


On April 17, 2011 I made a trip down to Charlotte, North Carolina where
 Mrs. South Carolina Elizabeth Malvasia, invited me to Emcee
 The Southern Paradise Ball
This was such a great opportunity and an amazing experience! I grew up playing Baksetball, Softball, and Volleyball so i was never really around the dancing world! But let me just tell you I felt as if I was at Dancing With The Stars! It was INCREDIBLE! I got to meet so many talented performers while also sharing with many people my story of how i became
 Miss North Carolina International and about my Journey to Nationals!

 After the American Smooth & International Standard One and Three Dane Show Events I was asked to take a picture with Flat Stanley for a surprise for one of the performers daughters!


_________________________________________________________________

On April 23, 2011 I was invited to my Home Town Easter Egg Hunt at the Canton Rec. Park to help give out prizes and take pictures with all the little kids! I am so thankful that i had the opportunity to attend this event it reminded me of why i absolutely love what I do! And thats truly because their is NOTHING sweeter in life than to see a child SMILE! The Easter Egg Hunt started at ten o'clock this morning and i can promise you that by 10:05 all those easter eggs were out of the Park, and all the kids were lined up with their prize eggs to receive their gifts!!! The Canton Police Department Hosted the Easter Egg Hunt and they gave out 11 bicycles, and several other Easter baskets for the kids not a child left without a SMILE on their face!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

__________________________________________________________________

P.S. I just recently opened up a Facebook Account so to see more pictures and to follow me on different chapters on my journey of Miss North Carolina  please find me on 
Facebook and "Like" my page

Goodbye for now! Have a Happy Easter! 











0 comments: