Thursday, April 14, 2011

2011 JACKSONVILLE RELAY FOR LIFE!!




Last weekend was the 2011 Relay for Life Walk and 2011 Relay for Life Kids Walk! This was one of my biggest apperances so far! Relay for Life is associated with The American Cancer Society and they are all about having huge walk-a-thons across the nation. Relay for Life is where different business, schools, or just anyone can set up a booth and stay at the site 24 hours "Remembering, Celebrating, and Fighting Back" against cancer. There are always a ton of people that spend the night out in tents in any kind of weather. I had the oppurtunity to walk the caregivers lap and meet new people and hear about other survivors cancer experiences. The next morning I was the master of ceromony's at the 2011 Relay for Life Kids Walk! I had the opportunity to talk about my platform and why I chose the International system. I chose my platform "I Have The Answer, Lets Find A Cure for Cancer!" because in 2007 my Mom was diagnosed with stage 3 Colon Cancer and since then I have made it my mission to help find a cure not only for her but for the millions of other people around the world affected by this horrible disease. Throughout the year as your 2011 Miss Teen North Carolina International I will continue to raise awareness about early detection and continue to raise funds so we can find an end for cancer once and for all! Even after I give up the crown I will still continue this great journey to stop cancer in its tracks! 

~Morgan Bright
Miss Teen North Carolina International 2011

0 comments: