Wednesday, April 13, 2011

When Donkeys Fly reading event!


I’m so excited to be partnering with Ginger Hodge by using her wonderful children’s book, “When Donkeys Fly”, to read to elementary school children.  What is really special about this book is that it is written by a Tega Cay, SC resident.  That is where I am from.   And it is about a little girl who keeps wanting to try new things but everyone tells her “When Donkeys Fly” she’ll be able to.  By the end of the book, she sees a donkey fly.  It’s a book all about self esteem, dreams and goals and I felt it fit in with what I am trying to do with learning disabled students. 



I will be able to read  “When Donkeys Fly” at the Easter Egg Hunt in Baxter Village on April 23rd.  I am also looking for other opportunities to read this book to as many children as I can and talk about how to have healthy self esteem even if you learn differently or look differently .  I’d like to thank Ginger Hodge for allowing me to use her book as a tool for my advocacy program and look forward to impacting many children.  And my dreams have been reached because Donkeys Do Fly!

Miss South Carolina
Chelsea Gregory <3

0 comments: