Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cancer Survivor's Reception





This past week I went to the 2011 Relay for Life Cancer Survivor's Dinner. There was about 380 cancer survivors and their caregivers, which was awesome! It was great to see all of the survivors being able to be out an about! Since my platform is, "I Have The Answer, Lets Find A Cure For Cancer!" I was so excited that I had the opportunity to speak to the other survivors and recently diagnosed about my platform and why I have choose it. I am so glad that I was crowned Miss Teen North Carolina International 2011. Now I can go even further to contiune my quest for finding a cure for cancer and stopping it once and for all in its tracks! We have the Relay for Life walk this coming weekend which I cannot wait for!

While having a great time at the reception there was a pinning ceremony were the survivors and caregivers had the opportunity to pin each other. So here is a picture of me pinning a survivors pin on my Mom who is 4 years cancer free!! Also, her pinning me with a caregivers pin.





While at the reception we had a very special vistior!! ELVIS PRESLEY!! "Elvis" came all dressed up and sang to a very special lady that had been very involved in running Relay for Life for a very long time. I was lucky enough that I was able to get a picture with him! (;

Morgan Bright
Miss Teen North Carolina International 2011

0 comments: