Friday, June 18, 2010

Mrs. North Carolina International meets with Congresswoman Sue Myrick


Congresswoman Sue Myrick

Official Letter


On June 14th I had the honor of meeting Congresswoman Sue Myrick in her NC headquarters in Charlotte.

Sue Myrick is a North Carolina Congresswoman. She has represented North Carolina's 9th Congressional district in the United States House of Representatives since 1995, the first Republican woman to represent North Carolina in the United States Congress.  From 1987 to 1991, Myrick served as the first and so far only female Mayor of Charlotte.

We discussed how Alzheimer's patients would be affected by the New Health Care Reform Act.  Having a mother who was afflicted by the disease for more than 5 years she expressed the need for the Nation to work together to find a CURE and assist those currently diagnosed with Alzheimer's as well as caregivers.  

I was proud to share with her that I was CEO/Founder of my non-profit 501C3 PURPLE PASSION 4 Alzheimer's and a National Spokesperson for the Fisher Center for Alzheimer's Research Foundation.  The Fisher Center is a leading source of funding, serving Alzheimer’s patients and their families to understand the causes of, find a cure for, and improve the quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease.


She indicated that she would be available to me to assist in any way with my PURPLE PASSION 4 Alzheimer's.  I was humbled and touched when she said that I was an inspiration and already a part of the National Alzheimer's Initiative.  I was pleasantly surprised when her Chief of Staff Hal requested if they could post a photo of Sue and me on her website!   

I sincerely hoped we could have spent more time together as once again this was a common topic of discussion.  We both laughed when we realized that she had unknowingly chosen to wear a purple top that day!  I was able to inform her that purple is the color of Alzheimer's!

Good Karma!  

Congresswoman Sue Myrick 

Mrs. North Carolina International
Cynthia Griner 



  



0 comments: