Monday, June 28, 2010

Miss NC International serves as Mistress of Ceremonies at Be Safe 2010: HIV Testing Day!

Hello everyone!!

I had the honor of serving as Mistress of Ceremonies for Be Safe 2010 at Festival Park in Greensboro, NC in honor of National HIV Testing Day on Sunday, June 27. The event was organized by the Region 3 health organizations including Piedmont Health Services Sickle Cell Agency, Guilford Community AIDS Partnership, Nia Community Action Center, Nia's Ark, Guilford Cares, Triad Health Project, Love and Faith Challenged by HIV, Bennett College for Women, Family Life Council, Center for New North Carolinians, and Women's Inc. The event included wonderful performances by 8 different groups and solo artists, HIV facts and education presented by yours truly every 15 minutes, HIV Testing, food vendors, and information booths. We were able to test over 50 people! The event was a huge success, and we were able to educate the Guilford County community on HIV/AIDS and the impact it has on our citizens. As the Education Leader for Campaign to End AIDS-Carolinas, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue to really share the purpose behind my platform One Life to Love. It was amazing to connect and impact the community.

Thank you for reading my blog!

All of my blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:2



0 comments: