Monday, June 28, 2010

Miss NC International is the special guest at Slam Poetry Event!

Hello everyone!!

While I was at HIV Advocacy Day back in May at the State Legislative Building in Raleigh, NC, I was blessed to meet Robert Childs, the Executive Director of the North Carolina Harm Reduction Coalition. We connected immediately, and he invited me as a special celebrity guest to a fabulous poetry event with awesome slam poet Jon Sands and wonderful acoustic guitarist John Sebastian in honor of HIV Testing Day on June 27. The poetry event was at Nested and Perched Arts Studio in Carrboro, NC, and it was packed. I was truly moved by the guitar stylings of the fabulous John Sebastian, and the poetry that came from Jon Sands was beyond inspiring. He is truly a wonderful artist, and I am so blessed I was able to attend such an awe-inspiring event. I was also graced with the beautiful artistry from the wonderful Paige Travis, and I chatted with the creative and beautiful proprietor Jenny. Along with being part of this event, I have partnered with both Robert and Jon Sands for future events! All in all, it was a fabulous end to a wonderful weekend!

Thank you for reading my blog!

All of my blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"Come to me with a thankful heart, so that you can enjoy my presence." Jesus Calling by Sarah Young



0 comments: