Sunday, June 20, 2010

Miss NC International partners with Campaign to End AIDS!

Hello everyone!!!

I am pleased to announce that I partnered with the National Campaign to End AIDS, and I was invited as a guest speaker at the NC/SC Campaign to End AIDS: Building National HIV and AIDS Advocacy and Activism through Community Leadership Summit. The Campaign to End AIDS (C2EA) is a diverse coalition of people living with HIV and AIDS, their advocates, colleagues, friends and loved ones from all parts of the United States and around the world. While representing the epidemic on the community, region, and state levels, C2EA members develop strategies through advocacy networks that demand our leaders exert the political will to stop the HIV and AIDS epidemic in this country and abroad – once and for all. In rural and urban areas, C2EA helps to develop and support the meaningful participation and leadership of people living with HIV and AIDS to mobilize and ensure the best treatment and care for all HIV-positive people and HIV prevention methods backed by good science.

At the C2EA-Carolinas summit, led by the NC Chair Melva Florance with participation from the SC Chair Karen Bates, we developed four main groups, Education, Advocacy, Peer to Peer and Information, designed to jointly increase awareness about HIV/AIDS, mitigate issues with access to quality care, challenge the re-entry programs with the prison system, develop better solutions to the funding crisis especially in relation to ADAP, and fight stigma and discrimination within our communities. As a new member of C2EA, I am also the new leader of the Education Group for the Carolinas, and I am ready to work with C2EA to continue to expand my platform One Life to Love on an international level.

I was also able to discuss my platform with the NC/SC members along with the National C2EA Director. It is wonderful to combine my platform with C2EA along with join together the 3 organizations that I serve as a spokesperson for, The Nyanya Project, The Red Pump Project and Positive Wellness Alliance  with C2EA. Through all of these organizations, I am able to lobby for more funding and focus on education and awareness to the government as well as provide methods of testing, outreach and resources to the community at-large.

Thank you for reading my blog!

All my blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." – Galatians 6:9




0 comments: