Monday, July 11, 2011


Since being crowned Mrs. North Carolina International 2011, I have had the opportunity to travel over 13,000 miles promoting The NASCAR Foundation as one of their spokesmen. I made hundreds of new friends during my 108 wonderful hours volunteering with The NASCAR Foundation. And, I am thrilled I was able to help collect over $100,000 from generous donors. My initial goal was to help raise $25,000. I believe once a goal is met, you aspire to set another…and so goes my quest!

Thank you to all the sponsors of the Mrs. North Carolina International Pageant. Thank you to Suzy Bootz for her interview preparation program, to Clay Spann and Terri for my incredible headshots, to Joey Rutherford and Reign Fine Apparel for my fabulous wardrobe. I also want to say thank you to Susan Botek for my amazing paperwork, to Body Design by Mike and also Denver Health and Fitness owners, Jeff and Valerie Pettit. And, all of this was not possible without Joy Pfister and her amazing skills and talent as the Executive Director of the Carolina International Pageants.


I am very appreciative of everyone at NASCAR, The NASCAR Foundation and our entire industry including our broadcast partners, teams and tracks for your ongoing support and encouragement. When my husband and I ventured into this project to raise awareness for The NASCAR Foundation, we were confident in our ability to make a difference, but you all have truly been the wind beneath our wings. You know who you are! Thank you again. We look to make everyone proud in Chicago next week and hopefully tackle a new global opportunity.

Mrs. Noth Carolina International 2011, Janet Bolin

0 comments: