Monday, June 20, 2011



Mrs. North Carolina International's visit to Las Vegas and MIS

Visiting Las Vegas is always a whirlwind experience complete with jet lag. Last week, I was at the International Licensing Show which is filled with powerful brands you know and love growing up as well as those who are making their debuts on the big screen. The big win for myself and my co-workers from the Licensing Division of NASCAR came when we were announced as the “Best Sports Program of the Year” beating out our friends at NHL, PGA and ESPN who were also nominated. We are now part of the LIMA Hall of Fame! In true NASCAR fashion, once our trophy is engraved we will have a team photo taken with all of us holding up one finger – our own version of winner's circle.


 
While most of my time in Vegas was focused on work and meetings, I was able to promote The NASCAR Foundation to some new faces like Jill from the Real Housewives of New York and others who stopped by the NASCAR booth. Additionally, I was able to attend the Miss USA preliminary pageant with my friends Paula, Ann and Ryan from RPM Productions. All the ladies were stunning and very competitive. I am a big fan of Sherri Hill, so seeing all of her exquisite creations was a real treat for me.


After returning from Las Vegas, I was home for 12 hours and then back at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport on my way to Detroit. I was quite busy with a number of objectives to check off my list including volunteering with The NASCAR Foundation. I really believe no matter what level you are in a corporation, you always have to stay in touch with your customer and volunteering with The NASCAR Foundation is the perfect way for me to accomplish this task while also helping thousands of children who need a champion. With so many fans milling around the Kid Zone, we were successful in raising over $5,000 over the weekend. Thank you to all my new friends I met at MIS!


Looking ahead, I will be making appearances at Victory Junction Camp in Randleman (NC), Rising Hope Farms in Catawba (NC) and Speediatrics in Daytona (FL). Please be sure to “like” my Facebook page at Mrs. North Carolina International 2011 to follow along with the latest news and photos.

Janet Bolin, Mrs. North Carolina International 2011



0 comments: