Friday, May 13, 2011

Things Are Coming Together At Last!

It has been a very busy two months since being crowned Miss South Carolina International 2011.  I am so excited to report that I have been officially named a national affiliate for CHADD, the organization that supports Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder.  I will be speaking in November at the CHADD National Conference in Orlando, Florida.  Since being named the affiliate, I have been invited to speak for several groups.  On May 27th, I will be speaking to the Lake Wylie Master Mind Business Group at the Palisades Country Club.  The group consists of local business professionals.  I will be presenting my story and platform in hopes that the audience will support my efforts to raise money for CHADD.

The weekend before that my teen queen, Avery and I will be traveling to Hickory, NC for an appearance at "What a Girl Wants" Event at Union Square Emporium.  Although this will be a fun "girlie" day, we will have my book "When Donkeys Fly" in hand to sell in order to raise money for the Mental Health Association of the Central Carolinas.  A little shopping may be in order too! 

In June, I will be working with the Mental Health Association of the Central Carolinas on a workshop for young women suffering from various mental disorders including ADHD.  The conference/workshop will be followed by a luncheon and fashion show. 

I am currently waiting for a date to speak to the Hilton Head Chapter of CHADD and Avery and I will be organizing a 5K Run/Walk for Focus to benefit CHADD.  I look forward to submitting some great photos very soon from all of these exciting events! 

Till then,

Chelsea Gregory
Miss South Carolina International 2011



0 comments: