Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sorry I have no written in a while, but it has been crazy preparing for Nationals and the end of the school year. I will be out of school for the summer next week, and I already have a busy summer planned!

Several weeks ago, I visited The Competitive Image in Dothan, Alabama. Clay Spann did my headshots and they look better than I could have ever imagined! Everyone there was so friendly. It is a wonderful environment to get prepared for any pageant! Also, while I was there, I got the chance to meet Mary Richardson, the director of the International pageant. She is such a great woman and I am proud to say that I am part of her pageant system. I also met with the designer, Sherri Hill, who helped me tremendously!! Thanks to everyone at The Competitive Image!!!


Fort Mill also held it's Second Annual South Carolina Strawberry Festival in May. Last year, I was the first ever Miss Teen South Carolina Strawberry Festival Queen. I am so happy to report that one of my great friends who is an all around amazing girl, Morgan Jasper, took home the title of Miss Teen Strawberry Festival. Congrats to all the Strawberry Festival winners who will be competing in the Carolina International Pageant of 2012! The Strawberry Festival that weekend was also a HUGE success! I made an appearance as Miss Teen South Carolina International 2011 and also to support my new Strawberry Festival Queens!



On May 15th, I helped volunteer at the Miss SouthEast of United States of America pageant. I had a ton of fun helping the contestants and enjoyed the show! I'm so thankful I got the chance to be a part of it!

Last friday night, I went to the Relay for Life in Rock Hill, SC. This was a relay for cancer victims and survivors, along with their loved ones. Several years ago, I lost a good family friend to a brain tumor. Her name was Riley Friddle and she was only four when she passed away. Riley inspired the lives of many, including myself. Riley was one of many who have lost their lives to cancer. The Relay for Life was a touching experience, and I am so glad I got to be a part of it. Once there, I helped kick off the "Children's Hour" with a speech and games following. 




Last Saturday, Chelsea Gregory, Miss South Carolina International, and I went to Hickory, NC to the Union Square Emporium. They were having an event called, "What a Girl Wants." This event had many vendors and sales for everyone; they even had a fantastic photo booth! Chelsea and I also received some donations for CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder). Chelsea and I will also be speaking at the CHADD National Convention in Orlando, Florida this November.

This Saturday, Chelsea and I will be holding a car wash in which all proceeds will be given to CHADD. The car wash will be held across from The Peach Stand in Fort Mill, SC. We will also be having a bake sale for people while they are receiving their car wash! If you are in the area on Saturday, please stop by and help Chelsea and I give to CHADD!

Also, please visit my webpage and facebook page (Miss Teen SC International 2011). Thanks for your support!!
-Miss Teen South Carolina International 2011, Avery Close

0 comments: