Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mrs. North Carolina International Judges ~ Preliminary Cinderella Pageant

Director ~ Aimee Adams

Last Saturday May 8th I had the opportunity to judge the Union County Preliminary Cinderella Pageant at the Porter Ridge High School in Indian Trail.  The Cinderella Scholarship Pageant, founded in 1976 by Carl Dunn and Craig Toler, has grown into the largest and most prestigious pageant system of its kind in the world. It has set new standards of excellence in the youth pageant field.  More than just a beauty pageant, Cinderella is a youth development scholarship program that offers many opportunities for achievement and recognition to deserving children, teens and young adults. The pageant's high standards of excellence and principles have won the support of civic and service organizations, educators and the clergy from around the world.

I judged interview, sportswear, evening gown, and talent.  I was amazed at the beautiful and talented contestants, who were supported enthusiastically by their families.  I made some new pageant friends, who I hope will continue to follow their royal dreams.  I was humbled by everyone's hospitality and friendliness.  It was a daylong experience that I will remember and treasure.

Unfortunately I do not have any photos with the new Queens.  As I was coaching one of the contestants with her mother by her side they all left to celebrate with their families.  I am very honored to have been given a "Special" Cinderella Pin, which is attached to my sash.  The Cinderella Director is planning on utilizing my services in the near future at upcoming pageants.    



Cynthia Griner
Mrs. North Carolina International   


0 comments: