Sunday, May 9, 2010

Miss NC International at The Nyanya Project Art Show!

Hello everyone!!

I wish you all a fabulous Mother's Day!!

I truly love my partnership with The Nyanya Project as my international platform. We hosted an Art Show fundraiser at Simply Yummy in Reynolda Village in Winston Salem, NC. Ginny Weiler, The Nyanya Project photographer/volunteer, takes beautiful portraits of the grandmothers in Africa touched by The Nyanya Project. Simply Yummy graciously donated their space, time and delicious cookies for the event. I also had the opportunity to re-connect with one of my sorority sisters (Delta Delta Delta), who came out to honor founder Mary Martin Niepold as my sororities "Apple Pie Professor." An Apple Pie Professor is a professor that all the students truly admire and feel that they are a fabulous representation for Wake Forest University.
Portraits of the inspiring grandmothers in Africa were placed all throughout Simply Yummy, and we had the wonderful opportunity to talk with patrons and visitors about the wonderful projects and work of The Nyanya Project, the projects that will be brought to Africa this summer, and the projects that will be brought to Africa next summer. I am so excited to be a part of the group that is going to Africa next summer, and I found out at the Art Show that we will not only be visiting Kenya, but also Tanzania and Rwanda!!  I am so excited about the amazing lives that we will get to touch, and the wonderful people that will truly touch us.  

Thank you for reading my blog!

All of my love and blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"Love as if you could never love again" ~ Miss NCI

0 comments: