Monday, March 1, 2010

Miss North Carolina International First Appearance!






Hello everyone!






I cannot believe I am writing my first blog as Miss North Carolina International. Yesterday was such a whirlwind, and I am so blessed that this is where God wants me to be! Twenty-four hours after being crowned Miss North Carolina International and only a couple hours after my first photo shoot with my sister queens as Miss North Carolina International (with the wonderful Alan Howell!!), I had my very first appearance as Miss North Carolina International. I am the Board Co-chair for Positive Wellness Alliance (PWA), an HIV/AIDS non-profit agency based out of Lexington, NC serving Forsyth, Davidson, Davie and Yadkin counties. As the Board Chair, I was able to support our Executive Director of PWA as she talked with members of Grace Episcopal, a Lexington church that has graciously decided to adopt PWA, at a dinner event. By adopting PWA, they want to work with us by taking part in a variety of projects like prevention and education programs and fundraising efforts. The dinner event was a wonderful success! Our PR/Marketing Chair for PWA, Executive Director and I were able to share our fundraising and education ideas with the group, and we received amazing feedback and support. We are so grateful to have the support of Grace Epsicopal! A lot was accomplished, and I am truly looking forward to the partnership that will develop! Thank you for reading my first blog!!


Stay tuned for more blogs!!


Lot of love,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"She who kneels before God can stand before anyone."

0 comments: