Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's Just The Beginning!

www.robert-christopher.com
First of all I want to say thank you to God for believing in me when i doubted myself! A year ago today i would of never thought i would be where i am now and im so thankful I put God first and let him lead me to where i needed to be! I am the Miss NC International 2011, a full time dental hygiene student, and the spokesperson for the Mission Children's Hospital Tooth Bus. This pageant has opened so many doors and opportunities for me it is remarkable! As You all know this pageant system is different then most pageants because we don't have a talent portion our's is a platform! Which for those of you that dont know what that is (and dont feel bad b/c i didnt understand at first either!!!) it is something that you as a contestant are passionate about and plan to speak about throughout your year as a title holder! For me this portion of the pageant comes easy b/c like i said before I am a dental hygiene student, and i also work part time in a pediatric Dental office GREAT BEGINNINGS so i have a passion and hear for children and their oral Health! My platform is my career it's something that i am dedicated to and plan to pursue for the rest of my life. Before i won the Miss NC International Pageant I was making several appearance as Miss Asheville and mainly in elementary schools promoting the Tooth Bus to children! It was a great experience to see the little kids eyes light up when you say your a beauty queen with my Miss Asheville Sash on but something was missing. After being crowned Miss NC International  i made my first appearance this past friday at 3 elementary schools in old fort NC, and also McDowell NC, and you would not believe the difference a crown makes. I felt as if i truly made an impact on each and every child i had the opportunity to talk to. The Children were star stroke by the crown and the sash they wanted autographs pictures!!!! I also got to air on the Pleasant Garden Elementary Schools TV announcements on Friday morning and following that i got to meet the Little Miss McDowell Beauty Queen! (i hope to upload pictures soon!) My crown truly is a microphone for me to get the word out to children about the importance of oral health and also to Create Confidence in Children through their smiles!

0 comments: