Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Miss North Carolina International at Crowns and Gowns HIV/AIDS Gala in Columbia, SC!

Hello everyone!!

I hope you are all doing well!! Nationals Nationals Nationals is getting closer by the minute! This past weekend, I was asked to participate in the Crowns and Gowns HIV/AIDS Gala in Columbia, SC hosted by our very own Lori Pelzer, Mrs. South Carolina International 2009. It was also great to reunite with my sister queen, Mrs. South Carolina International 2010, Shana Harmon-Goff. I had the opportunity to speak on my platform, One Life to Love and to speak about my passion for HIV/AIDS awareness, education and prevention. I was also ecstatic to meet, listen to, and discuss HIV/AIDS with Dr. Bambi Gaddist Executive Director for the South Carolina HIV/AIDS Council, operator of the only mobile HIV/AIDS unit in South Carolina,  and a CNN Hero of 2008. Her wisdom, passion and power truly filled the room. She makes an impact just by stepping into a room. I was thrilled to be able to steal her away from the crowd and discuss the growing issues with HIV/AIDS and the plans and/or lack of plans our federal and state governments have to combat it. It was fabulous to pick her brain about the issues facing South Carolina, where their entire HIV state funding has been cut along with Breast Cancer Screenings and other vital health needs. I am so excited that I will be able to connect with and work closely with her to restore funding for South Carolina and implement and increase prevention and education programs.

Thank you for reading my blog!

All my blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9



0 comments: