Thursday, June 10, 2010

Miss NC International partners with the American Heart Association!

Hello everyone!!

I hope you are all doing well! A couple of months ago, I was blessed with the opportunity to partner with my local chapter of the American Heart Associaton. This past Saturday, June 5, I was able to take part in an amazing event, the American Heart Association's Kids Healthy Living Festival. It was an absolutely wonderful experience, and it was amazing talking to kids about how to stay healthy. We were also visited by The Jazzy Jumpers a young talented group of kids that impressed us all with their amazing jump roping skills.

Along with the wonderful performance there were four different healthy living booths: the healthy eating booth, the healthy living sceening booth, the healthy living pledge booth and the healthy activities booth. At each booth, we showed the kids how to take charge of their lives at an early age and engage in healthy habits to maintain a safe and prosperous life. This ties right in to my platform One Life to Love. While it focuses on HIV/AIDS, it also focuses on embracing our lives and staying safe and healthy.  Each kid that attended the festival also used a stamp card at each booth to qualify themselves for the drawing for a brand new bike. The winner, Daniela, was such a sweetheart and her mother and family were equally sweet, kind and so excited to win the bike.

With all of the fun and exciting games going on, the volunteers and I decided to take part in the festivities. We sampled the wonderful healthy vegetables and fruit, which were delicious! We also went through the healthy living screening, and of course tried out the games and fun activities. I even made it down the inflatable slide without popping it with my crown! It was a successful and rewarding experience, and I truly look forward to more events with the American Heart Association.

Thank you for reading my blog!

All my blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." 2 Thessalonians 3:16





0 comments: