Sunday, May 2, 2010

Miss NC International volunteers at the Winston Salem Rescue Mission Golf Tournament!

 Hello everyone!!

I have partnered with the Winston Salem Rescue Mission as a volunteer, and I had my first event at the Winston Salem Rescue Mission Golf Tournament on Friday, April 23. It was such an exciting and fun experience, and such a wonderful way to learn more about the Winston Salem Rescue Mission. The Winston-Salem Rescue Mission is a non-profit, non-denominational, Christ-centered ministry established as a response to hundreds of homeless men wandering the streets of Winston-Salem. Working with the Winston Salem Rescue Mission will truly be a humbling experience, and I am blessed to have the opportunity to work with Mike Foster and the Executive Director Dan Parsons.
At the golf tournament, I spent most of my time with Dan Parsons' daughters Heather and Melody, and they truly showed me a wonderful time! They had such a great turnout, 100 golfers! All of the golfers were so sweet and showered me with hugs and love. I am so excited to be involved with such a wonderful organization, and I look forward to the work to come. Below are pictures with myself, Heather and Melody, Executive Director Mr. Parsons, Mike Foster and his wife, pictures of me diliegently at work, and pictures of Heather, Melody and myself with our empty tray of delicious brownies!

Thank you for reading my blog!

All of my love and blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"You only have this One Life to Love" ~33 Miles

0 comments: