Thursday, May 13, 2010

Miss NC International at WBFJ Radio Station and the Winston Salem Rescue Mission

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing well! This past week, I had the privilege to tour the Winston Salem Rescue Mission with the wonderful Mike Foster and get an in depth view of their services to the homeless men in Winston Salem, NC. It was so humbling and amazing to hear the stories of the men and the growth of the Rescue Mission. I am truly honored to be a part of such a wonderful and touching foundation. Thank you Mike Foster for allowing me to partner with you and this wonderful organization!
Also, this past week, I was blessed to be asked to take part in the WBFJ Contemporary Christian Radio Station annual Share-a-thon. As a non-profit radio station, WBFJ does not receive financing from any commercials or advertisements, so every year they host a huge Share-a-thon to raise funds for the next year. I was honored to be asked to come in the station and speak live on-air during their Prayer and Praise Day about my journey thus far as Miss North Carolina International, my passion for my platform One Life to Love, my preparations for Miss International, and my faith. Along with speaking live on air, WBFJ hosted a Prayer and Praise Day Concert at Winston Salem's First, and some of my FAVORITE Christian music artists were there, 33 Miles, Pocket Full of Rocks and Sidewalk Prophets!! It was so amazing, and I am so blessed to be a part of the WBFJ family. Since it was such a quick and busy week, I of course, did not have a chance to take any pictures, so below I added some pictures from the wonderful Mike Metzmaker at Wake Forest University from a few Nyanya Project events. I hope you enjoy!

Thank you for reading my blog!

All my love and blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"Be strong in the Lord and his mighty power." Ephesians 6:10






0 comments: