Thursday, May 6, 2010

Miss NC International at my first The Red Pump Project event!

Hello everyone!!

I had the privilege to participate in my first The Red Pump Project event this past Saturday, May 1, 2010. I was able to join The Red Pump Project's Team- Charlotte in the AIDS Walk Charlotte. Talk about a powerful experience! Uptown Charlotte was absolutely packed with people ready to spread awareness about the impact of HIV/AIDS on our community. We even had a pre-walk warm up to the cupid shuffle (pictured below). Our team was composed of Johnson and Wales students who hosted a post-walk luncheon to raise funds for The Red Pump Project. Jameka Whitten, our fearless team captain, and I share such a passion for HIV/AIDS awareness and education. It was such a blessing to be in her presence, and to be surrounded by such a passionate and motivated group of people. The most inspiring and moving part of the entire walk is actually pictured below, when we were all walking downhill and all you saw was a sea of red. It was beautiful! I am proud to represent North Carolina and share the importance of staying aware and educated about the impact of HIV/AIDS.

Thank you for reading my blog!

All of my love and blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"There's something different about you. I see God's love in your heart, and He's making you shine" ~33 Miles

0 comments: