Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mrs. North Carolina International Guest Speaker for Post Properties ~ Make-A-Wish ~ Strikes for Hope


Meeting Eliot Boyd and his mother Tempe with Abby.


Introducing Eliot to the crowd and expressing the importance of the Make-A-Wish Organization.


Abby Polack, Emily Riley, Eliot, Me, Tempe Boyd 


I was invited to be a part of the Post Properties Make-A-Wish Strikes for Hope Bowl-A-Thon on Sunday April 18th. Donations of $50 per bowler were collected or $250 for a team of six people for two games, which included shoe rental. A total of $7,400 + was collected for the North Carolina Chapter! Eliot has become known as the Poster Child for the North Carolina Make-A-Wish Organization. Tempe his beautiful mother has been an advocate of the chapter since Eliot's birth when he was diagnosed with a Life threatening Pituitary Disease. It was touching and a blessing to meet Eliot and his mother. They are a blessing to each other and Tempe has been successful in making Eliot feel "normal" in his "not so normal world."


Eliot with his red hair and blue eyes is such a happy spirit that you can easily see with his curageous smile! I also had the pleasure of meeting his grandparents Pat and Ty Boyd. I soon realized it is a small world when I learned I went to Charlotte Catholic High School with Eliot's Aunt (Mimi) and Uncle (Robert).

I realized that I am more than I ever thought blessed with my four healthy boys. I could not imagine giving any of my boys medicine daily to sustain their life, much less be able to pay the medical bills that come with the prescriptions. Tempe is a very strong woman and has a wonderful support group with the local chapter and her family.

Eliot's wish was to visit Disney World and in 2007 his Make-A-Wish was granted to him!

I met Emily Riley, who is the Special Coordinator of Make-A-Wish Charlotte Chapter at the event. It was very obvious that the Boyd's and she have a special relationship and one of support.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Central & Western North Carolina's mission is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.

Make-A-Wish Central and Western North Carolina Chapter http://www.ncwish.org/

http://www.postproperties.com/

Cynthia Griner
Mrs. North Carolina International

0 comments: