Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Miss NC International serves as a special guest at her Alma Mater, Wake Forest University, as a Nyanya Ambassador!

Hello everyone!!

I hope you are all doing well! Before I go into my awesome appearance at my alma mater, Wake Forest University (GO DEACS), I wanted to announce that as of about 1 month ago I was named a National Ambassador for The Red Pump Project. As a National Ambassador I will identify and plan events for HIV/AIDS organizations both within my community and on a national level. I am so excited!! It doesn't hurt that I also get to rock awesome red pumps in the process!

On to other news, I had the wonderful opportunity to re-visit my alma mater Wake Forest University as an Ambassador and Spokesperson for my International platform, The Nyanya Project. I spent the week of April 12-17 judging Battle of the Bands, where all the proceeds from the entrance fees for the bands went directly to The Nyanya Project, serving as the premier speaker at the A Capella Benefit Concert for The Nyanya Project, and educating the community about The Nyanya Project at the Earth Day Fair held at WFU (where I ran into some wonderful Tri-Delta sorority sisters!). At every event I shared the purpose of The Nyanya Project, all of the events, programs and international activities that The Nyanya Project promotes and organizes, and I helped fundraise for The Nyanya Project. It was fabulous talking to the WFU student body and the community about my trip to Kenya, and how it inspired not only my passion and involvement with HIV/AIDS awareness and education; but also how it opened my eyes and blessed me with the opportunity to partner with The Nyanya Project. I am so blessed to be part of this wonderful organization, and so excited about the doors it has opened for me.

Also, I was selected to re-visit Kenya and hopefully visit for the first time Tanzania and Rwanda next Summer, 2011 to represent The Nyanya Project!! We are launching new projects to empower the grandmothers that are caring for HIV positive orphans and introducing new methods of establishing self-sustaining sources of income and showing an example of leadership for the rest of the women in their villages. So excited!!

Thank you all for reading my blogs!

All of my blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."~ Jeremiah 29:11











1 comments:

Brittany said...

So glad to have you on board Kristie! And yes, the pumps do sweeten the deal :-)