Thursday, April 8, 2010

Miss NC International at the Make A Wish Foundation Easter Festival in Lewisville, NC, at Goodwill Industries, at the USO of NC, and at the almost Kannapolis Intimidator's Game!

Hello everyone!!

I hope you all had a blessed Easter holiday! I am so blessed to have so many wonderful events and appearances. I was blessed with the opportunity to be invited to the Make A Wish Foundation Easter Festival in Lewisville, NC. There were so many wonderful vendors, kids, the Easter Bunny, amazing cupcakes from Big Shotz Tavern, and just an all around great time. I had the opportunity to connect with so many wonderful people and serve such a wonderful cause. Thank you to Don Timmons for inviting me to take part in this amazing experience.

I had the great opportunity to visit Goodwill Industries in Greensboro, NC and learn what the organization is truly about. They provide job opportunities including job preparation, learning, experience, skills, and connections for the community. I met with the wonderful Tammy and her passion for Goodwill Industries truly inspired me to take part in such an amazing cause. It is so important to give back and support our communities in every way possible, and Goodwill Industries has made amazing strides in this area.

I was also blessed with the opportunity to connect with Mike Langley with the USO of North Carolina. I am so excited to be named one of the esteemed Ambassadors for the USO of North Carolina. I am so honored and blessed to be a part of such a caring, kind and compassionate organization. I had the opportunity to meet with the President of the USO of NC, John Falkenbury, and the passion with which he talked about the USO of NC was awe-inspiring. I cannot wait for the wonderful events that are to come with the USO of NC starting with the Daughtry concert this Sunday!!! It is truly an honor to work with such a prestigious and passionate organization.

Lastly, my sister queens and I were invited to the Kannapolis Intimidators (Single A baseball team for the Chicago White Sox) Opening Day game to throw out the first pitch. However, the heavens opened up 20 minutes until we were supposed to throw the first pitch out, and let the much needed rain pour down. While the game was rained out, we did have the chance to take a ton of pictures, meet some amazing people, and catch up with each other. Overall, it was a fantastic almost game!

Stay tuned for my next blog with updates from the Daughtry concert and some other great events!!

Have a blessed weekend!

All my love and blessings,

Kristie Tobias
Miss North Carolina International

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." Psalms 5:11













0 comments: