Friday, March 12, 2010

A week in the life of the New Miss South Carolina International


Today is March 12, two weeks after the pageant, and I still feel like I was crowned yesterday. I can honestly say I have enjoyed every second of being Miss South Carolina International. I have started my first project with the Epilepsy Foundation becoming a "Hero Among Us." In my hero among us message, there will be a link where the community can donate to the foundation! However, my message is also intended to let children who are being diagnosed know that I can relate to them, and it is my goal to mentor them through their process of diagnosis.

On a lighter note I made my first appearance at the Miss Myrtle Beach pageant last weekend, and I can honestly say i was treated like complete royalty. I had V.I.P seating where I had the privilege of Miss Myrtle Beach 1957 sitting on my left, and the mayor sitting behind me. During intermission I got the chance to meet some wonderful people who were intrigued to know more about my title. I was excited to take this opportunity to tell them about my title, my platform, and my year ahead of me. I will also be making an appearance at the Miss Horry County Teen pageant tomorrow night. I am very excited to visit since this is where my pageant journey began, being the first pageant I ever competed in.

I have been getting many phone calls of congratulations from friends, friends of friends, friends and family, and so on. The Horry Independent paper had an interview with me yesterday, and I was in the Sun News this week. I will be on the local shows, River Talk and Inside Conway to share with the community about my title, platform, and year to come as well.
Remember Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. I feel privileged and honored to be your Miss South Carolina International 2010 and I hope to bring the title success by daily tasks to help the state in a positive manner.
Thank you all for your kind words, love, and support!

Leslie Smith

0 comments: