Friday, January 9, 2009

Adopt A Mom

Photo by Donald Latham
You’re Awesome - We Reached Our Goal!!!
A few months ago, I started my own little project called “Adopt-A-Mom”. For ten dollars, a gift (manicure/pedicure set, hand/foot cream) was given to a mother, or woman affected by domestic violence. I further extended my project to all mothers, and then branched to grandmothers, aunts and friends. My goal was one hundred women, and I have matched that number! These ladies were so thankful, and I am so grateful to be a part of the smile spread to those woman’s faces. Thank you all who contributed towards my project!Thank you for your donation to my “Adopt-A-Mom” program this holid ay season!Your efforts contributed to 100 Moms being celebrated this season that might have otherwise been forgotten.Sixty were given to women who had been to the Open Gate Domestic Violence Shelter during the past yearTen were given to women who are currently at the Domestic Violence Shelter.Eighteen Adopt-a-Mom gifts were given to mothers of Make-A-Wish children.Ten were given to moms in need thru the South Side Baptist ChurchTwo were given to specifically designated needy moms.**In additionto these gifts, $105 was donated to the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation.The Foundation's mission is to eliminate cancer and to end the epidemic of violence against women.
Maria DimopoulosYour Miss Teen North Carolina International 2008

0 comments: